The mission of Israel Affairs at the OJC is to forge a common bond between our community and:
• Eretz Yisrael, the land of Israel
• Bnei Yisrael, the people of Israel
• Medinat Yisrael, the state of Israel
To achieve this goal, the Israel Affairs Committee helps educate, promote and encourage congregants to develop a personal connection with Israel and the U.S.-Israel relationship. We look to:
• Educate congregants about the history of the land of Israel and current events.
• Urge congregants to visit the land of Israel individually and through the OJC Family Trip, the OJC Mitzvah Mission, and other community-sponsored trips such as Birthright and more.
• Develop cultural ties to the people of Israel by organizing events including Israeli dance, music, food and wine, and celebrating Israeli holidays.
• Improve social conditions for the people of Israel by “adopting” various humanitarian organizations such as Kfar Ahava.
• Encourage congregants to support the Israeli economy through the purchase of Israeli goods and investment in State of Israel Bonds.
• Promote the safety and security of the State of Israel through political activism such as advocating for Congressional support of Israel, attending AIPAC events and marching in the annual Salute to Israel parade.
For further information, please contact Allen Levinson, Lloyd Fishman or our Rabbis.
Click here for current Artzeinu flyers.